Friday, August 18, 2017

Alycia's Peach Daiquiri


Today's recipe is another one from Alycia of Inspirational Sloppy Joe fame. I was going to hold off on this one, not wanting to put two of them from Alycia so close together lest she think I'm stalking her, but peach season is coming to an end, and you need to try this before it's over. It's been a long time since I've made myself a cocktail, but yesterday I decided it was high time. I don't treat myself as often as I should, and, in fact, I have pretty much been eating out of the freezer the past couple of weeks, so felt I deserved a little treat.

This is easy to put together, and I counted it as a serving of fruit on the daily nutrition pyramid, because it calls for an entire peach. Can you imagine another cocktail that's as good for you as this one? Not only is it good for you, but it is also absolutely delicious. The recipe, without alteration it fabulous, but, in the name of full disclosure, I changed it up a tiny bit using a handful of ice cubes made from pineapple juice. I imagine this would be delicious with any type of fruit juice-based ice cube, but do know that it is fine on its own.  I just happen to have an obsession with making ice cubes out of pretty much anything in liquid form.

Okay, run out and get yourself some fresh peaches and prepare to be treated to a luscious cocktail.
Alycia's Peach Daiquiri
Makes one ample portion…unless you're a lush

2 ounces Malibu rum
3 ounces sweet and sour mix
1 whole peach, pitted
Splash Grenadine
Ice (see above regarding my choice here)

Toss all into a blender, or bullet blender, and blend until the ice is crushed and incorporated; serve immediately. Double, triple, quadruple, go crazy. You're going to love this one.

This post is linked to:



6 comments:

Alycia Nichols said...

You are SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!! And I must be a lush, because I doubled the recipe and still felt quantity cheated!!! 😆😆😆 I LOVE the idea of using pineapple juice ice cubes!!! In fact, I think I'm going to try that tonight. Or maybe since you've tried that, I'll try with apricot nectar And let you know how it turns out. I need to use up that apricot nectar before it goes bad on me. Freezing it will give it extended life! Have a great weekend, lady!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

wow does that look delish! Not only does it sound like a great recipe but i love your presentation . I'm up for a cocktail

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

this looks and sounds so good and thanks for sharing it at C&C with J&J.

Unknown said...

Sounds delicious! :)

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Sandra Lee said...

What a pretty cocktail! Looks like I'll be going back to the farmers market for more peaches. Thank you for sharing with us at Celebrate Your Story, and have a great weekend.

The Lazy Gastronome said...

I love fresh peaches in anything! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner Party!