Thursday, July 6, 2017

Birds of a Feather Tablescape


Once I started using orange in decorating the Lanai, there was just no stopping me! 
I have fallen in love with this beautiful, vibrant color, particularly in combination with pink. Everything I have been doing lately has been very colorful, perfect for summer.
This week I decided to set a fun table, with a tropical theme. 
Because the dining area opens directly onto the lanai, I like to have the two of them tied together in some way.
I picked up the orange from the lanai in the dinner plates here that are setting on top of beautiful Bordallo Pinheiro chargers.
On top of the orange plates (That are melamine by the way, can you believe it? These look and feel like ceramic plates. I absolutely love them!), is an Amelie Blanc salad plate, and atop them, one of a lovely set of tropical birds salad plates. I love that they just feature the colorful head of the each bird.
I decided to pair these plates with the wonderful flamingo mugs that I got new this year from Pier 1. I've been grabbing one of these to take out to the lanai every morning full of café mocha. They are such fun!
In addition, because I've been serving iced tea every single day, I had to have the green ice tea glasses. But, because I've also been serving chilled white wine (I've come to embrace Riesling), I also wanted the salmon wine glasses. I love this combination of color.
I didn't want a lot of color in the placemat because I had so much color in each place setting, so kept it simple black-and-white.
The flowers in the centerpiece are from a bunch I picked up at Sam's. When I was shopping there the other day, these struck me particularly, because they seemed to feature all of the colors on this table. I knew they would be perfect, and they are.
A whimsical little addition is this lizard salt cellar. I couldn't resist getting him, and he always gets a lot of compliments.
If we are birds of a feather, I hope you’ll come dine with me.
Sources:
Bordallo Pinheiro cabbage plate chargers - gift from a friend
Orange melamine plates - Pier 1
Amelie Versailles plates - Amazon
Bird salad plates - Pottery Barn
Flamingo mugs - Pier 1
Green tea glasses - Villeroy & Boch
Wine glasses & flatware - gift from my mother a long time ago
Lizard salt cellar - Pottery Barn
This post is linked to:

6 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

How fun and it looks just wonderful., I particularly like the black and white stripe as a contrast for the colorful dishes- I cant believe they are melamine~! They are so beautiful and look real. I went shopping yesterday and to buy a gift in one of the better stores in town and they were showing melamine from Lenox!!! It was beautiful.
Well enjoy your lanai, the summer, and all the beautiful decorating you are doing..

Linda said...

I can't believe those plates are Melamine! The whole table is gorgeous. I've come to love pops of orange also and my taste tends to the red-orange, but I love them all. How wonderful to have the dining room open to the lanai. You've got the perfect entertaining space. I expect a Martha Stewart-ish cookbook to come from you!!

Alycia Nichols said...

Just hush your mouth! WHAT?!?!?!?!? Melamine??? Really??? To day I am shocked is the understatement of the year! WHAT?!?!??! Why do you tempt me? I simply CANNOT go out and buy more stuff, but.....!!!!!!!

Lovely setting that works so well with your new space in the background. I'm so glad you're having such a good time with it!

Marigene said...

What a great summer table. I love the exotic bird plates and flamingo mugs, they are awesome.

Catherine said...

I love your table Pattie! What a great theme for Summer and those flamingo mugs are fabulous! Such a beautiful table!

Catherine
Smashing Plates Tablescapes

Fair Meadow Place said...

This is a great table. The theme is so perfect for summer dining.