Sunday, October 2, 2016

Slow Cooker Loaded Baked potato Soup


Welcome to “Sip Some Soup Sunday.” Well, it isn't officially Sip Some Soup Sunday (though I am trying to get it to trend), I just like to call it that. :-) It is Sunday, and I do like to sip soup, and it's fun to say Sip Some Soup Sunday. Go ahead, say it. It's fun, am I right? I think it's the alliteration. Anyway it's October, and as far as I'm concerned that officially makes it soup season.



I've mentioned a number of times before that sometimes my main criteria for making a recipe is ease. This recipe falls into that category. When I first saw it I thought it was too good to be true. It just looked way too easy to be really good. In the past, I'd only worked with frozen hash browns in baked casseroles, so I wasn't sure how well they would translate to soup. If you were wondering the same thing, let me set your mind at ease, this recipe is fantastic, and boy is it easy. So relax, and enjoy your Sunday, while your dinner simmers away in the crockpot.

Slow Cooker Loaded Baked potato Soup
Slightly adapted from 12 Tomatoes

1 (32 oz.) bag frozen hash browns

1 (32 oz.) box chicken broth

1 (10 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup

1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened

1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated, plus extra for garnish

3/4 cup crumbled bacon, plus extra for garnish

1/4 cup chopped scallions

Rosemary for garnish

 


Combine hash browns, cheddar cheese, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, crumbled bacon, and cream cheese in slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper. Use a spoon to break up cream cheese and thoroughly mix ingredients together.

Place lid on slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 hours, stirring occasionally, or until potatoes are tender.

Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Stir in scallions. Garnish with more cheddar cheese and bacon bits.

Serve.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Really unique potato soup recipe! Looks delicious. I like your "Sip Some Soup Sunday" idea!

GRC_Ltd said...

OMG just put this in the crockpot!! You had me at "baked potato"!!

Deborah Lacy said...

Ok, this looks absolutely delicious.

Miz Helen said...

Thanks so much for sharing this awesome Potato Soup with us, this is one of my comfort soups, it looks so good! Hope you will come back to see us at Full Plate Thursday real soon and have a great week!
Miz Helen

sandy said...

this looks so good.