Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Roasted Red Pepper Spread


It's no secret that I love roasted red peppers. One or more jars of these are always in my pantry, and this is one staple that I never want to be without. I don't know of any other item in my kitchen that is more versatile than these. With the possible exception of sweets (and the jury is still out on this), roasted sweet red peppers can be used successfully in almost any type of recipe from appetizers to salads and soups to side and main dishes.

Over the weekend I decided to try my hand at making a roasted red pepper cheese spread. I love keeping
Homemade Boursin in the fridge, as well as one or two varieties of hummus, basil being my favorite. It is so convenient to be able to grab one or more of these things, and make up an impromptu snack tray when an unexpected guest drops by. It's also nice to have things on hand when you've worked like a dog all day and the very thought of cooking overwhelms.

This spread is easy and absolutely delicious. The addition of the mayonnaise makes it wonderfully spreadable right from the fridge so you don't have to worry about waiting for it to soften up or suffering from broken crackers, if not. The lovely fall color of the spread makes it perfect for this time of the year, and, in addition to being well suited for crackers and crudités, it is wonderful for breakfast when slathered onto a fresh bagel.
Roasted Red Pepper Spread

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 cup diced
Melissa's Fire Roasted Sweet Red Bell Peppers
4 scallions, chopped
1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (more to taste)
Pinch of garlic powder (more to taste)

Blend all ingredients together using a hand mixer. Store in the fridge, covered, for 3 hours to allow favors to meld. Serve with crackers or fresh vegetables, or substitute for your favorite sandwich spread.

This post is linked to: Wow Us Wednesday, Work It Wednesday, Wine’d Down Wednesday, Wake up Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday, The DIY Collective, Thursday Favorite Things, Share Your Style, Coffee and Conversation, and Foodie Friday & Everything Else

5 comments:

Summer said...

Mmmm This looks so nice ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

thepaintedapron.com said...

We should be neighbors Pattie, I love everything you cook! This sounds perfect-
Jenna

GranthamLynn said...

Yummy sounds so good. I am planning a meal for my family (my sister coming from out of town) this is a perfect appietizer!
BTW I think this post and your Fall decor. post would be great for the
Fabulous Fall Party at my blog.
Come over and link up!
http://mychristmasjourney.blogspot.com/2016/09/fabulous-fall-party-2.html

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Avec vos généreuses recettes vous feriez devenir tout le monde gourmand !

Et cette dernière me titille les papilles !

Gros bisous 🌺

jmac said...

I agree with Painted Apron....I wanna sit at your table for a few days!! I eat pimento cheese and triscuits everyday while I'm prepping dinner. Love it so much that this recipe will be a must on my list. Cream cheese?? Yeah baby!!