Thursday, September 22, 2016

Breaking Bread Tablescape


One of the most difficult things about setting a table is coming up with the centerpiece. Sometimes you want to invite people at the last minute, have an attractive table to go with your nice meal or your coffee and dessert, and, with no time to run out for flowers, you're struggling to find a centerpiece.
For this reason it's important to have a nice container that you can grab at the last minute. This container can be anything whether it's a wooden dough bowl like I've used here, a basket, silver tray, or any favorite piece that you happen to have on hand.
Place it in the center of the table, take a careful assessing look around your house, and fill it with something that you already have.
Finding myself in similar circumstances, last week I put a couple of mangoes in my bowl, this week I am serving a number of different breads, muffins, and bagels for a brunch, and I've chosen to use that as my centerpiece. Surprisingly, it's quite dramatic to see all the breads in front of you at once. It also makes it easy for people to take what they want without having to ask to have something passed to them.
Keep this in mind for your next brunch, luncheon, or dinner party. With each passing day we're getting closer and closer to the holiday season of dinners, lunches, chili suppers, and holiday parties, so give this idea some consideration.


9 comments:

GranthamLynn said...

Gorgeous. Love this. The new Fabulous Fall Party link is live!
http://mychristmasjourney.blogspot.com/2016/09/fall-party-link-up-4.html
Let's Party!

thepaintedapron.com said...

Wow, who wouldn't want to sit at this table!! I'm drooling! Great brunch idea
Jenna

Anne said...

This looks lovely, and who wouldn't want a whole selection of bread to choose from. I bet it smells delcious too. #ThursdayFavouriteThings

Unknown said...

What a good idea! I love the centrepiece of assorted breads!

Vanessa said...

What a lovely tablescape and love the bread basket. Yummy! Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party. We love having you.

bj said...

great idea on the breads...I would never be able to come up with all this at the last minute...such a good and pretty idea.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Patti,
What a warm and inviting table. That is a great idea for the centerpiece
and it looks wonderful, yummy and so inviting. I love those dough bowls
but have no idea where you can get one.........

Hope this finds you doing well hon,
Blessings, Nellie

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Beautiful table Pattie!

Unknown said...

This looks so pretty that I'll have one of everything! :)

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!