Monday, August 29, 2016

Chocolate Dulces

I know I’m not the only one who occasionally gets a craving for chocolate, only to find that there is none in the house. Okay, okay, I did have a bag of chocolate chips, but I wanted something that I could really sink my teeth into. Enter this old recipe for Chocolate Dulces and I’m in business. 

I’ve had this recipe forever, but never made it, so as I am wont to do, changed things up a bit by adding a tiny bit of cinnamon, and made things easier by melting the chocolate in a microwave instead of a double boiler. I also used parchment-covered cookie sheets, which made it very easy to slide the cookies off to cool. Because I find dropping cookies to be tedious, I used a disposable pastry bag to pipe mine. This made the job much faster and easier. The recipe claims that it makes 50 cookies. Umm, no. Piping a teaspoon for each cookie, I finally stopped at 178. That is not a typo. They are small bites, very chewy and chocolaty, and very good, so you can eat a number of them and still feel virtuous. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.) 
Chocolate Dulces

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1/4 cup sugar
1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 t. Mexican vanilla extract
A whisper of cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Mix chocolate chips and sugar together in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high at 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until melted, 1-2 minutes. Add condensed milk and butter, stirring until blended. Stir in flour, nuts, vanilla, and cinnamon, until combined. Let stand for 10 minutes. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for exactly 10 minutes. Remove at once to a sheet of waxed paper to cool.

Makes lots! 

5 comments:

Summer said...

Yum! These look so delicious♥ Have a wonderful day ♥

summerdaisy.cottage.blogspot.com

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

I really wish I had a couple right now to have with my last cup of coffee. They look so good. Many thanks for the recipe.

Have a great week Patti.

Mary

Marigene said...

The cookies sound delicious, Pattie. My problem would be eating way too many.

Edye Nicole said...

Thanks for sharing, Pattie! The look great.

Blessings,
Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

Sandra Lee said...

I wish I could say that my chocolate craving was only occasional! These look delicious and Thanks for sharing with us at Celebrate Your Story. Have a wonderful holiday!