Monday, April 13, 2015

Easy Guacamole




I experienced an avocadoless youth. My mother didn't like them, ergo, we never had them. It wasn't until later in life that I tasted my first one. That was pretty much all it took to turn me into a passionate avocado lover. I buy them weekly, and keep them in a colorful Talavera bowl on the counter. Visually appealing while they are waiting to be used, their presence always inspires me to come up with new ways to use them, which isn't difficult because I tend to think that avocados go pretty much with everything.

Then there is guacamole, a dip that pleases the palate, while nourishing both body and soul. I like to make mine fresh, but sometimes when time is short, it can be a bit of a hassle. Here is a way for you to have delicious guacamole in less than five minutes.

You first need to make the Salsa Verde recipe that I shared with you yesterday. Once this is done, you can have days of the freshest most delicious tasting guacamole in a matter of minutes. Simply halve, seed, and chop a tomato, scoop the flesh out of three avocados, season with a pinch of salt and squeeze of a lime, then add 1/3 cup of your already prepared Salsa Verde. That's it. It will taste like you spent much more time on it and will be gobbled up like there is no tomorrow. Add additional seasonings if you like, or leave as is. Either way, it will be delicious.
Easy Guacamole

1 ripe tomato, halved, seeded, and chopped
3 ripe avocados
Juice from half of a small lime
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup Salsa Verde


Run a knife around the outside of the avocados and twist to separate. Remove pits, scoop out the flesh, and place it in a molcajete or bowl. Mash with a pestle or fork, leaving chunks for texture. Drizzle with lime juice, season lightly with salt, fold in tomato chunks and Salsa Verde until fully mixed. Serve immediately, preferably with margaritas, and pass the chips.

3 comments:

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Thanks for this wonderful recipe. I could eat avocado's with every meal. you just made me so hungry for some. Will add it to my grocery list for this week.
Thanks so much.
Mary

Marigene said...

I could live on avocados, especially guac! When I was a child, I doubt most people in southern Vermont had ever heard of guacamole, let alone tasted it. Thanks for sharing the delicious sounding recipe.
Have a great week, Pattie.

Morsels of Life | CJ Huang said...

I'm liking your idea of having salsa premade and then just adding avocado to make guacamole! Wish I'd thought of it earlier! Thanks for stopping by and sharing this on Five Friday Finds! I'm looking forward to what you share this week. :)