Saturday, March 21, 2015

Life-changing Potatoes: A Product Review



I am not a particular fan of convenience foods. For the most part, the majority of them are nutrition free. That is not to say that I don't, on the rare occasion, make use of them. They are, after all, convenient, and so I will admit to having a brick of Velveeta in my fridge (Who doesn't like those gooey grilled cheese sandwiches made with pasteurized, processed, cheese food?  Although I think the wordcheese” is no longer a part of the description, or perhaps it's the wordfood.), and a can or two of condensed cream of mushroom soup. I will also admit to feeling a tad guilty any time I use one of these products (but the convenience, she shrieked!).If you are like me, then I have some sit-yourself-down-and-brace-yourself good news. I have found a truly delicious, organic, natural convenience food, thanks to the good people at Melissa's Produce. Like manna from heaven these peeled and steamed baby potatoes  are going to change your life. They are peeled, people!  Peeled!  These tiny little potatoes are peeled!  They are also fully cooked to fork tender perfection and pretty much ready to eat as is. Slice them and add them to a salade niçoise -- tuna, green beans, hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, onion, capers, and potatoes. (They are, after all, a product of France, and don't we all just love French food?!) Cube them, add some crunchy mix ins, and toss with cider vinegar and mayonnaise and you have a quick potato salad. Make shorter work of soups, chowders, and stews by adding these ready-to-eat potatoes. 

What I love about them is that they can be tossed into a 12" skillet in which a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of oil have been heated to sizzling, and in minutes you have the most creamy and delicious little potatoes browned in butter that you can imagine. I made these for St. Patrick's Day and received raves. I'll also serve them with pork chops and have the meal on the table in under 30 minutes.
These are life changing, people!  Flavor, nutrition, and convenience all in one package.  Kinda makes you want to swoon, doesn't it?

Recommended!

This post is linked to:

2 comments:

Sue/the view from great island said...

I love Melissa's produce, and I had no idea they made this product, thanks for the head up!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

They look yummy.
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy