Saturday, September 1, 2012

Ham Spread Diablo


Remember the deviled ham that your mother used to give you when you were a kid?  It came in little packages with a picture of the devil himself, that were easily opened and quite comforting when spread on a cracker.  This version is for the spicy adult that exists in all of us, that is to say, it ain’t your momma’s deviled ham! It’s chile pepper season, so I’ve been making good use of all of the peppers that have recently become available.  This very easy, deliciously tasty, kick-you-in-the-pants ham spread is made with Red Savina Habanero Chiles.  Don’t panic!  You can use as much or as little as you like, but I guarantee this is one spread that you won’t forget.


Ham Spread Diablo

6-8 ounces cooked ham
1/4 small
Melissa's Red Savina Habanero Chile, or to taste, seeded and minced (wear rubber gloves!)
1 tablespoon finely chopped Melissa’s fire roasted red bell peppers
Worcestershire sauce to taste
2 tablespoons mayonnaise

In the working bowl of a food processor place ham, chile pepper, Worcestershire sauce, red bell pepper, mayonnaise, and salt to taste. Pulse until desired texture is reached.  Chill ham spread, covered, overnight.  Serve with Ritz Crackers.



This post is linked to:


4 comments:

Mich Piece of Cake said...

This spread looks delicious, and I love those biscuits too. It goes well with spreads. Wish I could have it for supper right away!

Tracy's Living Cookbook said...

Aren't you brave to use a real habanero pepper!! Way too hot for my, but my sons and hubby would love it! I grew them one year in my garden and I had so many peppers!!! It was crazy....I couldn't give them away!

~ps - i love deviled ham and I also love pimento cheese :)

Lynn said...

No doubt this has some kick to it-enjoy:@)

The Tablescaper said...

Looks yummy! Great to have you with me at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper